Cathy has over 15 years prior experience in consulting, food manufacturing, and food chemistry / microbiology laboratories. She was the Director of Regulatory & Technical Services for a privately owned meat and poultry processing company where she was responsible for regulatory compliance, developing food safety strategies, ensuring appropriate export programs, and coordinating recall responses when necessary.
Cathy has specialized in food defense programs. She was the instructor for a series of food defense workshops sponsored by the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS). She also facilitated national focus group meetings, bringing together industry, trade association and FSIS representatives to produce new model voluntary food defense plans and FSIS Guidance Material.
Ms. Crawford is an enthusiastic trainer who has provided HACCP and other food safety training to a wide variety of businesses including meat and poultry processors, bakeries, fruit and vegetable processors/packers, and food service establishments. In addition to her contributions within the HACCP Consulting Group, she is also a Senior Consultant for the Quality Support Group and an adjunct instructor at the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
- Registered Auditor for Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
- Certified Instructor- National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe Program
- Certificate in International Food Law – The Institute for Food Laws and Regulations, Michigan State University
- M.S. Food Safety – Michigan State University
- B.S. Biology – Arizona State University